Dear NET members,
We are happy to present you with another version of the ethnographic theory digest from around the anthro-internets.
- The latest issue of History and Anthropology includes “Marshalling Sahlins” – Michael Lambek’s review of Golub, Rosenblatt and Kelly’s (eds.) The Thought and Influence of Marshall Sahlins.
- The Times Literary Supplement has a review by Max Hayward entitled “Philosophy vs. Ethics,” which also addresses Webb Keane’s Ethical Life.
- An article by Roberte Hamayon in The Conversation, exploring the relevance of shamanism in today’s world (in French).
- Via Jonathan Goodwin, an astounding co-citation network graph of American Anthropologist, Cultural Anthropology, American Ethnologist and The Journal of the Royal Anthropological Institute.
- “Notes on a Balinese Cockfight” and Donald Trump – part of Somatosphere’s Aftermath series of posts.
- EVENT: The State We’re In: Anthropological Perspectives on Brexit and Trump – Debate at UCL Anthropology on March 15th.
On another note, we are busy at work organising a NET event for this summer/early fall – details are yet to be finalised but we will hopefully be able to provide information next month.
In the meantime, we hope this finds you well and hard at thought!