We are happy to provide you with our 4th curated edition of the ethnographic theory digest, containing journal releases from the anthro-internets.
- The Journal for the Study of Religious Experienceis a relatively new endeavour, and has released its second issue. The journal is open access and provides interesting articles at the intersection of anthropology and religious studies.
- HAU: Journal of Ethnographic Theoryhas released a new issue and, as always, it is a treat! This issue marks HAU’s 5th year anniversary since it situated itself as the foremost journal of ethnographic theory, and we wish it 100+ years more.
- In case you missed it, Philippe Descola’s replyto Tim Ingold’s review of his Beyond Nature and Culture, published in Anthropological Forum.
- Suomen Antropologi: Journal of the Finnish Anthropological Society, likewise has a new open-access issue out.
- In case you missed it, Somatosphere has a call for submissions on its new series called Aftermath – “a new series examining the consequences of recent nationalist political turns throughout the world, including the US election.”
Last but not least, we would like to inform you that NET convenor Susana de Matos Viegas is running in the next EASA executive election! Information about the upcoming election can be be found at http://easaonline.org/about/election2017.shtml.
A belated Happy New Year to all of you! As convenors of NET we aim for 2017 to be a year through which our network grows and further clarifies its mission of providing a platform to enrich ethnographic theory.
Theo and Susana